Saturday, February 04, 2006

What Does the Torah Tell Us About the Super Bowl? Plenty.

Rabbi Joshua Hammerman of Temple Beth El in Stamford, Conn. has produced a detailed Torah analysis of the Super Bowl and its contestants. Based on the names of the teams -- Seahawks and Steelers -- he deduced the winner and even the point spread.
It’s not easy for me to make a prediction in this, a rare non-Patriot year. But since I’ve almost always been right (my personal favorite being Pats-Rams in 2002), I must meet the challenge. So who will it be: Steelers or Seahawks? The fact that I am typing this on a Microsoft program (and the Seattle owner has those ties) shouldn’t influence me, since my computer also has a steel frame.


Scroll down to the "Annual Super Bowl Prediction" headline, midway through Rabbi Hammerman's Shabbat-o-gram.

No comments:

Two Microstories and Four Long, Terrible First Sentences of Novels

Here's a collection of short pieces--two microstories and four entries in the Katonah Village Library's Bulwer-Lytton writing contes...