Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Winter Wonderland, and Preparations Thereof

Winter came early with snow Sunday morning. That was the teaser for the bigger Nor'easter to start Monday evening. Since I'm working at home, I took the time to swing by the Greenwich library to stock up on provisions, since I may also be snowbound Tuesday. Thus, solitary entertainment:

"Dressed Up to Get Messed Up" by Roomful of Blues, with the delightful album art, below.





Now that's what I call album art. Posted by Picasa


"Santana" by Santana

"Abraxas" by Santana

"Caravansarai" by Santana

"Light of the Moon" by the Pierces (I've never heard of this female duo, but I sure liked the cover art)

"Live" by Delbert McClinton (can't wait to hear ol' Delbert sing "Lipstick Traces")

"Day Dreaming at Midnight" by the Sir Douglas Quintet (a buncha long-haired Austin hippie types who were popular in the 1960s. Can't wait to hear "She Would If She Could, She Can't So She Won't." Pure poetry)

"Tropical Brainstorm" by Kirsty MacColl (Latin influenced, my ex likes her so I'm sure I will, too)

"Fundamental" by Bonnie Raitt

"The Bonnie Raitt Collection"

"BBC Sessions' by the Searchers

In the DVD department I picked up:

"Bubba Ho-Tep," with the tagline "The King vs. the King of the Dead," set in a nursing home in Texas. Nothing I'd watch with Shmoikel

"Get Shorty," released in 1995 and I'm finally watching it, right on time with my delayed-gratification schedule.

So, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow, I'm ready for anything. If only I had some brownie batter.

No comments:

Two Microstories and Four Long, Terrible First Sentences of Novels

Here's a collection of short pieces--two microstories and four entries in the Katonah Village Library's Bulwer-Lytton writing contes...